Monday, May 5, 2014

Roaring Reviews: Of Poseidon, by Anna Banks

Title: Of Poseidon
Author: Anna Banks
Publication Date: May 22, 2012 by Feiwel and Friends
Format: Hardback

Plot Synopsis:

Galen is the prince of the Syrena, sent to land to find a girl he's heard can communicate with fish. Emma is on vacation at the beach. When she runs into Galen – literally, ouch! – both teens sense a connection. But it will take several encounters, including a deadly with a shark, for Galen to be convinced of Emma's gifts. Now, if he can only convince Emma that she holds the key to his kingdom...

Told from both Emma and Galen's points of view, here is a fish-out-of-water story that sparkles with intrigue, humor, and waves of romance.

The Actual Review:

The first time I saw this book was when I was browsing through my friend's vast collection of e-books in her phone, doing the usual - judging the palatability of books by the aesthetics of their covers. Of course everything was going fine until I saw that very same cover pop on the screen, and being a sucker of underwater photo covers, I made a mental note to read it. Soon. 

And hell, was my book cover judging abilities, right!

The book immediately started with Emma, accidentally stumbling into Galen, then segued to her enumerating her possible options from averting embarrassment. And it was with in that first page that I found myself immediately hooked with the book!  I just loved the humor and the witty bouts of conversation the characters have with each other.  It's really hard to find a book, that is mostly romance, where you have smart arguments ensuing all over the book while having at the same time a strong female protagonist. 

Another reason I found myself engrossed in this, was because of the characters themselves. Good bye, stoicly, dark, mysterious male leads. Good bye, female characters who doesn't know what to do or what's happening most of the time. And if you have fallen in  love with Roar from Under the Never Sky, and Kenji from Shatter Me, then Toraf will definitely sweep you off your feet!

Some people my be put-off by the incredibly weak red herring and immediately guess the plot twist at the end, but Of Poseidon is a nice quick read that will get you laughing while drinking your tea. 

My Rating


Did my Roaring Review made you want to read the book too? What are you waiting for; click the button below and add it to your To-Read Shelf in Goodreads!



No comments:

Post a Comment