Thursday, June 19, 2014

Nonsensical Nonsense: The Book Blogger Test


I was tagged by Anette the Wicked in her blog, and for that I thank you. 


What are my book pet hates?

I am self-diagnosed with obsessive-compulsive disorder when it come to book. It really irks me so much when I see books maltreated with such incriminating acts such as using a book as a hard surface to write on to opening the book so wide the you start to beak the book's spine. Listed below are my Top Three Book Pet Peeves.

  • The sound of a book hitting the ground. Hard
  • Holding a book the wrong way. It looks like you're pulling the book inside out. 
  • Dents in the book spine or on the cover. 

Describe my perfect reading spot.

Lying on my comfortable bed, with the AC turned on at full blast facing directly towards me, as I hide under the warmth generated by three thickly stacked blankets. 


Tell us three book confessions.

  • I gave up on Veronica Roth's Allegiant
  • I am usually on the wrong ship when it comes to love triangles.
  • I hated John Green's The Fault in Our Stars

What is your favorite snack while you're reading?

I don't. I tried eating while reading at one point in my avid reading career, and in everyone single one of them, I would get distracted by the food, so then I'd be giving my 100% full attention instead to eating of dividing it between the two. 

Name three books you would recommend to everyone:

Only three books?! That's hard! But I'm going to say:

  • Legend by Marie Lu
  • The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness
  • Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor

Show us a picture of your favorite bookshelf on your bookcase:

I am basically cheating off of this one, because instead of just posting a single shelf, I posted a picture of the front view of one of my bookcases. And yes, those are How to Train Your Dragon happy meals you see.




Write how much books mean to you in just three words:

Words are drugs. 

When was the last time you cried while reading a book?

The last time I cried was over a year ago on the 5th of April in 2013. I just received Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare, and while I was reading the Epilogue, I cried at a certain character death. Oh yeah, I cried twice on the same chapter, by the way.

What is your biggest reading secret?

There was this one time when I was still in grade school, I learned from my best friend from the other class that the teacher gave them a pop quiz on a subject I was totally clueless about, so I tore this flyleaf out of the book I was reading and shamelessly asked him the answers to the quiz.


I'm tagging:
Gabe of Within Wayward Thoughts
Raffy of Eccentric Everything
Sean of Stacking Words
Alia of Ponderings of Psyche 


2 comments:

  1. HOW CAN YOU GIVE UP ALLEGIANT. I want full deets about this on Saturday. O.O

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous of your bookshelf but I'm feeling rage towards your TMI series. What's with the uneven sizes???? Granted, my TID books are uneven too, hehehe. And I think I might be your biggest pet peeve because I do every single one of those. :p *shimmies away from your annoyance*

    ReplyDelete